Wednesday 7 March 2012

Jeans to shorts


So Hipster!


Everyone knows it's simple to cut jeans to short but here’s an idea to make then a little different.

First of all I put a pair of old dark blue jeans on drew with a marker where I wanted to cut them off...Making sure my bum wasn't hanging out. After taking them off and cutting them down a got a washing up bowl and put about 1 1/2" of thick toilet bleach in and then added about 2" of water I placed the bottom half of my newly cut shorts into the bleach/water, making sure that they won't fall in. I left them for a good two hours as the bleach wasn't very strong (The stronger the bleach the less time they need to be in for) I kept checking them throughout the two hours and when they was done I ran cold water into the sink and squeezed out all the bleach (I did this until the water ran clear as the bleach comes out yellow) I got my step dad to help me squeeze out some of the bleach as I'm not very strong. Once this was done I left them to dry naturally. Now the bottom half of my shorts are pale blue and the top half dark blue. Here's the fun bit, Grab a cheese grater and grate the bottom of the shorts to make them have that frayed look. You can also use a pair of tweezers to do this; all you have to do is pull bits of the material that have already started fraying. Then because I thought they still looked a little boring i decided to add some studs (I bought 150 of them from eBay for £1.27) I've decided to go with a cross on the front right leg (You can go with anything you like), I put it on an angle so t would fit more easy. If you wish you can also put slits in using scissors and then fraying the slits, I chose not to do this but it's up to you...and now you're done.


Pictures will be up soon (At college right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment