Wednesday 7 March 2012

American flag shorts



USA Spirit


It all started with a really nice pair of ripped jeans...Until I got nail varnish on them and it would not come off no matter what I did...Scissor time...I cut off the legs to how short I wanted them...One side accidently went a little to shorts so I have to make sure I wear tights with them. So now for the flag...Doing the red and white stripes was easy but the stars are hard especially when i can't draw them. You will need cello tape, paint brushes and acrylic paint for this. So first off for the stripes; Use the cello tape on the left side of the leg to place your stripes and use these as guidelines, in the gaps paint these red (The cello tape will stop you going onto where the white needs to be...Clever uh?) Leave this to dry you can paint the other leg blue while this dries (Acrylic paint doesn't take long to dry) Once it's dry take off the cello tape and put the cello tape over the red stripes and paint the rest white...Red and white stripes done! Now for the trick part (Mine didn't go great as I ran out of white acrylic paint) First print out a star template or draw one if you're good at stars then cut it out and draw around the template on the jeans, you can do different size stars if you like or keep them all the same and about the same distance apart. (If you find another way to do the Stars please tell me!) Once you've drawn the stars on you can now paint them white as neatly as possible...it's hard! I frayed the bottom of these as well as I really like that distressed look. At first the jeans may look a little clumped up because of the paint but one wash should do the trick, this will fade so a nice even colour but I'm not sure if this will fade anymore...I will find out but if it does a little top up is easy as you can already see the outlines. I decided to put studs on the left hand side pocket at the front and also the back right pocket just to make them different. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment